Thursday, April 16, 2009

First swarm caught today




I was called today by Cindy Bee of Metro bee club to go get a swarm. The swarm was at the CSX train station. The swarming bees had caused quite the excitement there. 4 toll booth like stations with a poles on either side to keep the trucks from getting to close to the booths are located at the entrance. They clung to one of the poles and even started to build comb!

I had to work today, so they had to stay in the nuc till I could get home and installed them in a 10 frame deep.

They had build two rows of comb on the inner cover and were working the two frames of comb that I had put in the nuc for them.

Wish I had taken my camera. It was so exciting and they seem to have settled in their new home. I'm feeding even thou the flow is stating here.

They seem like calm happy bees.

Edited: Thank you to Miss Robin at the CSX station for sending me these pictures!

No comments: