Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ordering equipment lesson

After waiting and waiting for my items from Dadant I called Friday to be told that it hasn't shipped and would be ship out Monday.

Apparently when you order on line from them they ship out of their IL branch instead of routing orders to the branch closest to the person ordering. This is bad for two reason first shipping cost is more than if I had ordered from the FL branch and second because of the flood in the Midwest the IL branch is way behind. Bad planning.

The lesson in this is to not just place a on line order with a company, but to pick the branch closest to me and call them so it is shipped out of THAT branch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cass you are so cool, I forget I can find you here! I love reading your blog and learning about something completely new to me!