Monday, October 6, 2008


Goldenrod and asters are in bloom here and pollen they are bringing in varries from a pretty bright yellow to a darker color of gold.











You can get a good idea of where your brood is located from your sticky board. Looks like the 4th frame from the left is the middle of my brood nest.













When I did a inspection the other day I forgot to bring my beekeeping caddy in the apiary with me so when I pulled out the first frame so I have some working room in the hive I set it next to a statue I had on the table. Bad plan. I should have just stoppedand got the caddy. I whole frame of honey and uncapped nectar fell to the ground. This frame was started from a popsicle stick so it wasn't wired at all. Bummer! I put it in the glass dish my husband was kind enough to get for me after her heard all the colorful words coming from the bee yard.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: